Morecambe Sparkle CIC is a Community Interest Company that has been set up to develop a long term light arts festival in Morecambe. The festivals will be known as Baylight (this year it is named Baylight ‘23).
Morecambe Sparkle has been formed with the objective of developing and delivering and facilitating:
- Support increased revenue/footfall for town centre and resort businesses
- Improve the visitor and night time economy year-round in Morecambe
- Support higher quality careers in the hospitality sector,
- Expand private sector investment in Morecambe, and
- Inspire young people to make their future in Morecambe.
Lancashire County Council has awarded the resort of Morecambe a grant of £425k (approximately) from Lancashire Economic Recovery & Growth Fund (“LERG”) to establish and implement a winter lights infrastructure and illuminations programme in Morecambe.
Lancashire County Council is providing 90% of the funds required from the Lancashire Economic Regeneration Grant (LERG). Morecambe Town Council and Morecambe bid are providing the remaining 10% match funds.
The light based art trail has been initially funded over two years, with festival events scheduled for 3 days from Thursday 16th February to Saturday 18th February 2023. The second event is scheduled for half-term in 2024.
Lancaster City Council is acting as the accountable body.